“Pizza in the box” is the new quality restaurant sourdough pizza ready to eat in only 10 minutes!
? Open the box
? top up the pizza
? bake for 10 minutes at 200° C
Our pizza is made with semi-wholemeal sourdough and takes 48 hours for the proofing. It is already flat and pre-baked on stone, so you don’t need to make a mess to make the dough flat.
Why a pre-baked sourdough?
When you have a pizza take-away or delivered at home, usually it arrives cold and chewy, due to the steam released in the box. Our pizza cut away this problem and you will have a pizza like at the restaurant coming straight out of your oven.
The usual pizza dough kits use a lot of plastic containers with a lot of wastage. Our ingredients come in vacuum-sealed bags with a low environmental impact.
What is in the box?
2 x pizza bases of 280g each
1 x Italian San Marzano Tomato sauce
1 x Fiordilatte Mozzarella 125g
1 x Wild Sicilian Oregano
– Fresh Basil leaves
How to make it?
- Open the box and spread a thin layer of tomato sauce. If you like you can also add the mozzarella now ( I usually prefer it fresh on top, when the pizza is ready).
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 10 minutes at 200° or until the crust has taken a brown color.
- Add the mozzarella (if you haven’t done it before), basil, the oregano, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Relax, eat, enjoy!
Mozzarella tip: if you want to cook the mozzarella, 15 minutes before cooking the pizza, slice the mozzarella into small pieces and leave to drain in a colander. In this way, you will avoid a soggy pizza.
You can also use the pizza bases in other ways:
- FOCACCIA – Drizzle the top with generous olive oil and rosemary and bake for 7-8 minutes at 200°. Then add some coarse sea salt and cut into small pieces.
- PANINI- cut the base in half and fill with sliced tomato, parma ham, oregano, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Save it for later
If you prefer, you can store your pizza for 3 or 4 days in the fridge, or you can even freeze it for up to 1 month.